Family Planning Tasmania provides Implanon NXT insertion and removal training across the state. Sessions are typically held once a year in Hobart, Launceston and NW Tasmania.
The training lasts for around two hours. It involves a theory component followed by insertion and removal of the device in a model arm.
The theory session will cover aspects such as:
- Composition and mechanism of action
- Side effects including bleeding patterns and guidance of management
- Patient suitability, contraindications and medication interactions
- Timing of initiation of contraception
- Insertion procedure, including anatomical considerations
- Removal procedure
- Reinsertion procedures
- Post procedure patient advice
- Advice for complex implants such as deeply inserted implants
- Expert tips
Implanon NXT training is led by Family Planning Tasmania Medical Educators. Our Medical Educators have completed Implanon NXT train-the-trainer courses, as well as being experienced Family Planning Tasmania doctors and Implanon inserters.
The fee for our Implanon training is $230, including GST.
Implanon NXT insertion training is suitable for GPs, GP registrars and Registered Nurses, Midwives and Nurse Practitioners. You must have AHPRA registration as a doctor, nurse or midwife.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance for Implanon NXT theory and practice on a model arm. The session does not include a formal competency assessment. The certificate may be used as evidence of attendance of training. Participants should check that their professional indemnity insurance covers them for Implanon NXT procedures.
Implanon training an unaccredited activity but participants may be able to claim self-record CPD points from their respective CPD associations.
Courses currently scheduled
- Our next Implanon training course will be held on Thursday 9th February 2023 at 6.00pm. More information and registrations: https://events.humanitix.com/implanon-nxt-insertion-and-removal-training-launceston-2023.
- Our next Implanon training course will be held on Thursday 9th February 2023 at 6.30pm. More information and registrations: https://events.humanitix.com/implanon-nxt-insertion-and-removal-training-hobart-2023.
If these dates don’t suit you, please check this page for future courses, or email email@example.com with your preferred location and we will contact you once a course is scheduled in your location.