If you work with students from Foundation to Year 6, you will find value in developing your practical skills in teaching Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE), and examining current best practice. This course will equip you to comfortably address CSE in your classroom.
Who should attend this training?
This workshop is ideal for anyone working with children who requires an understanding of how to support them with their social and sexual safety, sexual development, sexual health and relationships. This includes:
- Classroom teachers K-6, Health and Physical Education teachers, Principals, support teachers, and teacher assistants
- Social workers and school psychologists
- School Nurses
- School chaplains
- Foster carers and staff in out-of-home care organisations
What is the course content?
- The three dimensions of sexuality
- Ages and stages of sexual development through childhood
- Typical and atypical behaviours
- How the sexual response system and reproductive system function
- Staying physically, emotionally and mentally healthy throughout life
- Protective behaviours, peer pressure and self-esteem
- Creating and maintaining healthy relationships for children
- RSE in the Australian Curriculum and the Respectful Relationships teaching and learning package
What is the course structure?
One full day workshop.
Who is eligible?
Anyone is eligible to attend.
To find out more, please email email@example.com
We're here for you at every stage of life
We have clinics in Burnie, Launceston, and Hobart. Interpreter services available.