The Growing Up Program (GUP)
The Growing Up Program (GUP) is Tasmania’s leading relationships, sexuality and protective behaviours program for students from K-6.
It is facilitated by an experienced team of Family Planning Tasmania educators, and is age-appropriate, evidence based, sequential and ACARA linked.
GUP reflects the latest in sexual and reproductive health research, with resources and teaching approaches reviewed every year and school feedback used to ensure learning outcomes for students are maximised.
GUP addresses key content from the Australian Health and Physical Education Curriculum, the Department of Education’s Respectful Relationships Framework, and the Early Years Learning Framework, including:
Kindergarten to Year 2
- recognising and describing emotions
- public and private body parts and behaviours
- protective behaviours to keep safe and healthy
Years 3 and 4
- understanding of how bodies grow and change
- understanding and skills for respectful relationships
- problem-solving, persistence and decision making
Year 5 and 6
- understanding the physical, social and emotional changes of puberty
- exploring factors and behaviours that can influence health, safety and well being
You may find these downloads helpful:
Growing Up Program FAQs
You may find this download helpful: