Sexuality and Disability and/or Additional Needs
Would you like more knowledge about sexuality for people with different or additional needs, to help you better understand and support the people in your care? This course will offer you the basics and can be tailored to suit the needs of your client. We can teach about disability generally, or can focus in on an area like Autism Spectrum Disorder or trauma survivors.
Who should attend this training?
This workshop suits those who regularly work with people with disability and/or additional needs. This includes:
- Support teachers and teacher assistants
- Case workers
- Foster carers and staff in out-of-home care organisations
What is the course content?
- Sexuality rights and responsibilities of people with disability and/or additional needs
- Sexual needs of people with disability and/or additional needs
- How to provide support in the areas of relationships, sexuality and sexual health
This course can address disability broadly, or with a focus on a particular area such as Trauma or Autism Spectrum Disorder. Please advise our Educators when booking if you have a particular area of interest.
What is the course structure?
One workshop style session of 2.5 hours.
Who is eligible?
Anyone is eligible to attend.