If you work with students from Year 7 to Year 12, you will find value in developing your practical skills in teaching Relationships and Sexual Health Education (RSE), and examining current best practice. This course will equip you to comfortably address RSE in your classroom, and beyond.
Who should attend this training?
This workshop is ideal for anyone working with young people who requires an understanding of how to support them with their social and sexual safety, sexual development, sexual health and relationships. This includes:
- Classroom teachers years 7-12, Health and Physical Education teachers, Principals, support teachers, and teacher assistants
- Social workers and school psychologists
- School Nurses
- School chaplains
- Youth Workers
- Staff with responsibilities for the safety of young people
- Foster carers and staff in out-of-home care organisations
What is the course content?
- RSE in the Australian Curriculum and the Respectful Relationships teaching and learning package
- Harm minimisation
- Sexual decision making
- Respectful relationships for young people
What is the course structure?
One full day workshop.
Who is eligible?
Anyone is eligible to attend.
To find out more, please email EdInfo@fpt.asn.au
We're here for you at every stage of life
We have clinics in Burnie, Launceston, and Hobart. Interpreter services available.