Managing Challenging Social and Sexual Behaviours
Sexuality, and social and sexual development for people with disability and/or additional needs is a complex topic. Would you like to increase your knowledge to develop a better understanding about typical and atypical behaviours, and when and how to take action?
Who should attend this training?
This workshop suits those who regularly work with people with disability and/or additional needs, who already have an understanding of the basics of sexuality and social and sexual development of their client base. This includes:
- Support teachers and teacher assistants
- Case workers
- Foster carers and staff in out-of-home care organisations
What is the course content?
- Identification of typical and atypical behaviours
- Assessment of typical and atypical behaviours
- When intervention is required
- How to intervene
- What support is available
What is the course structure?
One workshop style session of 2.5 hours.
Who is eligible?
It is recommended that attendees have completed our Sexuality and Disability and/or Additional Needs Professional Learning or SoSAFE! course prior to this one. Exemptions to this prerequisite are on a case-by-case basis and are at the discretion of our Education Manager.