Family Planning Tasmania has highly trained and experienced Educators who are able to deliver specialist education and support tailored to the needs of the individual.
We provide expert relationships, sexuality and sexual health education for children and adults living with:
- physical, intellectual or developmental disability,
- acquired brain injury,
- Autism Spectrum Disorder, and
- trauma or other needs that impact on learning and/or behaviours.
Education sessions can be provided for either individuals or small groups and topics include:
- private body parts
- being private
- puberty and adolescence
- managing periods
- types of touch
- sexual health and STIs
- protective behaviours for social and sexual safety
- giving and receiving consent
- sexual abuse issues
- sexual feelings and masturbation
- strategies for social and sexual behaviours
Sessions for people with disability and/or additional needs are provided free of charge in our offices in Glenorchy or Launceston, or at another site for a fee.
To make an enquiry please contact us using the button below.